Holiday Planning for 2024
With 36 days until Christmas, your customers are making their holiday shopping lists. US retail sales are expected to grow 4.5%-5% over last year for the holiday shopping season, according to Deloitte’s latest annual holiday retail forecast. This means it’s time for your business to get in the spirit and prepare for the holiday shopping season.
Create your online business listings and check them twice. It is crucial that your online business listing shows your correct business information so that there is no confusion for your potential customers. You can create a business listing on several websites, including Google, Yelp, Glassdoor, and Manta.
Google Business Listing
Taking a deep dive into your Google My Business and making a few changes can make a difference in your SEO. Make sure your listing is filled out, including a description of your business, products, and services.
- Holiday Hours– if you have extended hours for the holiday season, be sure they are made. Google has the option to set special hours for a list of holidays.
- Google Posts– posts are available within the google business profile for local businesses that serve a particular area. You can publish offers, promotions, products, and more directly to Google Search and Maps.
- Google Q&A– the q&a section gives you an extra area to provide potential customers with information. You can add and answer questions that will appear on your business listing.
- Google Business Images– businesses that include images are considered more trustworthy and get a higher number of clicks.
- Video– take advantage of the video option in your Google My Business by including a few videos that showcase your company and what you offer
Whether it’s Google, Yelp, or any other platform, be sure to respond to the reviews that you get both positive and negative. Responding to reviews helps build trust and influence buying decisions. Dealing with a negative review in a helpful manner can help you retain otherwise lost customers.
Fast Shipping is the Game Changer
As consumers, we have become accustomed to fast shipping, so try offering a special shipping promotion to entice your customers. Coordinate with your shipping carriers and find the best rates possible so you can offer free or expedited shipping for your customers.
Create holiday-themed website banners, social posts, and email blasts that draw the attention of your shoppers. Plan your campaigns ahead of time to avoid last-minute stress and forgotten platforms.
Stock up Before it is Late
Be sure to stock up on extra inventory for your holiday sales if necessary. The last thing you want is not to be able to fulfill customer orders. Plan accordingly to make sure you have enough inventory but not an excessive amount that can hurt your budget.
Get Your Advertising Budget Ready
The holiday season can be an excellent time to do a little advertising. From print to online, a bit of advertising can give your business a boost in sales. Online advertising can be quite challenging, and we recommend working alongside a knowledgeable professional to make the most out of your budget.
Right On Tech
The holidays can be a stressful time, but you can make them successful for your business by creating a plan ahead of time. At Right On Tech, we’re ready to help with web, marketing, advertising, and much more. Contact us for a free consultation.